Saturday, June 23, 2007

Trip Blogging Preview

Just a teaser of what's to come, so get ready. I'm back from an exciting 8 day trip and hope to blog it to bits! Here's the kind of excitement you can expect:

  • Lost keys! First I lose the key to the gas cap of the van and can't put more gas into its empty tank. Yikes! How did I overcome that major obstacle? And now that I'm home, I can't find the key to remove my bike from the back of the van. Yes, my bike is stuck on the van!
  • Reunion Hijinks: the last time I saw her was 31 years ago, when we were 12, and now she's upset.
  • The most scenic Dairy Queen in the world.
  • Hot driving: it's in the high 90's in the van, and that's when I'm underway with the windows down.
  • Wind Farms.
  • Vanagon Tech-talk
  • Excitement boils over: climbing a steep grade is interrupted when a cloud of smoke and oil appear in the rear view mirror!
  • Off-road excursion: The GPS says it's a road, I think not! I was stupid, then lucky, and part of the lucky was that I was smart.
  • Limping home: with a compromised front suspension and transmission, I make it home.
  • Old friends: It was good to see them.
  • Lots of photos and maybe some video too!
  • BBQ.
  • Frozen drinks near and far.
  • Scenic Splendor.
  • Modern Art.
  • Urban Sprawl.
Watch this space.

No comments: