This is the snow day map I made, with data from Buncombe county. It was fun working with real local data, and the ArcMap software is so powerful it is almost hard to figure out what to do with it.
Then it was time to work on the problems in the book. Things went downhill, as there was a problem with one of the data files we all were using. Pete got us a corrected file, but it was complicated to get it and put it in the right place and get ArcMap to starting working with it. It was kinda frustrating, but I found it a good learning opportunity also.
Here's how far I got on the classwork from the chapter.